Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cadbury, oh Cadbury.

So today Monkey and I made cookies for Easter. But not just any cookies. The. best. cookies. EVER. Seriously, I have never had a cookie like this before. I made over a dozen and hubbie wanted more. They're made with Cadbury Mini Eggs, which alone are to die for. You can find the recipe over at Our Best Bites.

Here are us girls gettin' our bake on:
If you're anything like me, you may be wondering where the rug is "that should be by the stove"... well, it's in the wash. LOL. Oh, what's that? You didn't notice..? I totally would. Sorry.

Tomorrow we'll have an Easter brunch at home, just the three of us, and a truly southern Easter dinner of Homemade Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Okra, and Cornmeal Biscuits. Cadbury and Fried Chicken? It truly is a special occasion.


We'll also be reading the Easter Story, decorating eggs, and I can't wait to see Ella Beth's face when she wakes up and sees that the Easter Bunny came while she was sleeping!

I want my daughter to experience all the joys of childhood, but she will also know that tomorrow is the most sacred day in history, and in our lives. The day that her Jesus, my Jesus, your Jesus, our Jesus rose again.


Have a blessed Easter Sunday with your loved ones!
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.


There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.


The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."


So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
(Emphasis is my own)

4 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Easter.
    Your daughter is just adorable.
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay those pics all made me say "awwwwww." What a pretty little girl baking with her mommy. And I will have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all your polka dots!

    Those cadbury cookies sound yummy...but so not good for the hips lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great Easter! The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding your way to my blog! I love your comments! :)