Thursday, January 29, 2009
25. I've never had a broken bone or stitches or anything like that. 24. I used to have an eyebrow piercing.. whhhhaaaat. lol
23. I don't want to even be in the same room as mayonaise.
22. My two favorite numbers are 75 and 90. As in % OFF! ahh yehh :).
21. When I was little and it was yard work day, I hated it. I prefered to be inside organizing. Go figure. I compulsively organized my dad's tape collection and the tupperware cabinet.
20. I was a legal assistant for 5 years WITHOUT college.. ;)
19. I first kissed my hubbie when I was 14 years old.
18. I love the smell of burning leaves, burning trash, even gasoline...lol
17. I very rarely remember my dreams....
16. ...Except for a recurring dream I had as a kid about the dude from Beetlejuice and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I dreamed he was after me. Imagine my surprise when I found out he was arrested for doing not nice things to children. CREEEPY.
15. As a rule, my house is clean and tidy, but for the life of me, I cannot keep my vehicle clean...inside or out.
14. Two pushes and my daughter was here :)
13. I was sick EVERY DAY of my pregnancy even down to the last hour or so during labor. I mean, sickety-sick, sick.
12. I'm pretty good under stress and pressure and if I have a meltdown, it's usually waaay before the actual event takes place.
11. Anytime something or someone won't die in a movie, no matter what they try to do, it completely freaks me out. I can't breathe.
10. If a song is too sad, I won't listen to it. It goes on my mental "no-no" list. Seriously. I will leave a store if its playing and it's on 'my list'. Like the time Home by Michael Buble was playing in Hallmark? I like ran out of there. If I don't, it will be in my head for weeks and I'll be really down.
9. I can be really weird with pain. Like when I got my nose ring or my ears pierced.. I needed to be told it was all over, because I didn't know.. and I thought my tattoos hurt worse than giving birth. I know the contractions hurt, but I was still thinking, this is it?
8. I've never had steak and I. don't. want. to. I associate big hunks of red meat with cows and flies and hair. Ew. IF I have a hamburger, I want it so thin you can see through it, lol.
7. Almost every other sentence to my daughter is "I love you". My husband and I are the same way. We tell each other we love each other even if I'm just running to the store or he hops in the shower. I love it.
6. I am deathly afraid of knives and I won't use 'em. If it can't be cut with scissors or chopped or processed, etc., I'm not cooking it.
5. I am very particular with the way I organize my daughter's toys. Blocks go with blocks, dress up stuff with dress up stuff and so on.. Toys thrown in a toy box would keep me up at night. Seriously.
4. I do not like blatant copy cats. Makes me furious. I wish I could take it as flattery, but I just can't. ugh..
3. I've said this before on my old blog, but you can gauge my mood by my toes. If I'm scared, I crunch 'em. If I'm uncomfortable, they are up in the air. Man, am I weird or what, lol.
2. I am obsessed with vintage homemaking. The cocktail dresses, house dresses, dinner parties.. just the pride women had in homemaking and entertaining.. I collect vintage cookbooks and home magazines and I have vintage ads in my laundry room and sometimes I wish it were those days again and women were expected to do those things..
1. I love my name.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I cut strips of paper and wrapped them around (think paper chain activity from back in school) and taped them with double-sided tape. You could even use regular tape or hot glue it down. Next I positioned my stickers, put the candles on the tray and poured the gems on the tray...I used the whole bag.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I wanted to take a quick second to tell you about Swagbucks.com. It is super easy. Use it instead of your normal search engine, such as Google.com, or Yahoo.com, and earn points to get prizes.
Say you are searching online for recipes. Instead of "google-ing" 'recipes', simply search through Swagbucks.com, and earn points! That's ALL there is to it! No strings, nothing annoying, no spam, etc.
- $10 Barnes and Noble Gift Card
- $15 i-Tunes Gift Card
- A variety of concert merchandise, Play Station 2 memory card, controllers, and games, tons of DVDS, Target, Macy's, and Disney.com gift cards.. I could keep going!
(I am saving my points for a Wii Fit..hehe..)
Oh, and so I don't forget it about using it, I changed my homepage to Swagbucks.com. You will love it!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
These rub-ons can be found in the sticker aisle, they look just like stickers, only usually in small print they say "rub-ons" (derrrr...). Follow the instructions, but basically, in a nutshell, you just rub 'em on (double derrr ;) ). I found the damask plate at Dollar Tree, did a little rub rub, and finished with a ruby rhinestone. It's definitely my favorite piece in my home!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Here's the link: Cutest Blog on the Block
Monday, January 12, 2009
PSST.. Check out how to make these amazing pop-up pancakes here. So easy!