Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Rub-Ons, Batman!

I've jumped on the "rub-on" bandwagon, and if you haven't yet, YOU NEED TO DO SO! This has got to be the easist thing I have ever done. Go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels or any scrapbooking store and pick these up! (I mean, RUN, don't walk, and I promise you'll thank me!) Every time I see the things I've made I feel so proud, creative, and chic like I totally know what I'm doing. Anything I can do to spruce up these wood-paneling-not allowed to paint-walls. groan.

These rub-ons can be found in the sticker aisle, they look just like stickers, only usually in small print they say "rub-ons" (derrrr...). Follow the instructions, but basically, in a nutshell, you just rub 'em on (double derrr ;) ). I found the damask plate at Dollar Tree, did a little rub rub, and finished with a ruby rhinestone. It's definitely my favorite piece in my home!

I found this plate at Hobby Lobby in the ceramics section. A little pricier, but you can thread ribbon through the holes and hang. Definitely worth it.




They have many different options to choose from and you can use them on almost anything! I am in love. (again.)
P.S. I think my little monkey's fingers found their way to my camera. Hence the smudgey-pics. Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet!! Those are beautiful! That's such an affordable, great way to decorate. I'm going to have to check into it. I have hand-painted ceramic plates on my walls, which are cute... but some pretty words would make them much more than cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love rub-ons you should try them on plain candles. Especially for Valentines!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought about rub ons for anything but paper; thanks for the GREAT idea! I'm sure I will be making a few plates with ribbon and a cute saying soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding your way to my blog! I love your comments! :)