Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Scripture


The effect of the economy has even illustrated itself in my small, small town. It has been heavy on my heart lately, and everytime I turn around it seems that I am reminded that it really has affected everyone. I used to only "see" those in dire need in the bigger cities, but unfortunately it has manifested itself everywhere I look. Either that, or I have just really started open my eyes, as I have prayed, asking Christ what I can do to help. These verses spoke volumes to me this morning as it reminded me that as a Christian, it is my calling to not only have faith, but to display my faith through my actions. As I continue to pray for how I can help, I will ask Him to open my eyes even more, so that I can truly see what I have been missing.

Dear brothers, what's the use of saying that you have faith and are Christians if you aren't proving it by helping others? Will that kind of faith save anyone? If you have a friend who is in need of food and clothing, and you say to him, "Well, good-bye and God bless you; stay warm and eat hearty," and then don't give him clothes or food, what good does that do? So you see, it isn't enough just to have faith. You must also do good to prove that you have it. Faith that doesn't show itself by good works is no faith at all--it is dead and useless.

1 comment:

Thank you for finding your way to my blog! I love your comments! :)